- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used and to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
SHMedics collects information from several sources. Our Web server automatically collects the domain name and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address for each visitor to our websites. We collect information about the usage of our websites. In addition, we may request or require you to provide personally identifiable information and/or create an account in order to access certain services or engage in certain activities on a website. The information collected depends on how you choose to use our services and our websites, as detailed below.
Commonly Accepted Practices
Information collected may be used for commonly accepted practices, including:
- Product service fulfillment, such as the use of addresses for shipping and credit card information for payment;
- Sending electronic publications to online subscribers;
- Administration of our websites and monitoring usage of our websites;
- Internal operations, such as the use of identity-verification technologies, and the review of server logs;
- Legal compliance and public purposes, such as subpoena compliance and credit reporting;
- Registration and participation in products, services, and communities; and
- Marketing of products and services to you by , such as the recommendation of products or the delivery of coupons based upon prior purchases.
Information Collected to Create an Account
There are times when we may request or require you to create an account with us in order to obtain certain services. In such cases we may collect user name or ID and password information from you. We use this information to verify users’ identities in order to prevent unauthorized access to users’ personal information. Allows account holders to elect to have the website remember their login information between visits so they do not have to log in each time. This is done by checking a box labeled “remember me” on the login page. This feature requires the placement of a small text file called a cookie (see next section) on the user’s hard drive. The cookie tells the site that the user has logged in before. As part of registering for some of products and affiliates, we may collect contact and demographic information such as your name, address, email address, etc. We may also collect information regarding your personal and professional history, interests, activities, experiences and interests in health care products and services. Certain information may be required in order to complete the registration process.
- Store information so that you will not have to re-enter it during subsequent visits;
- Provide personalized content on SHMedics website and to provide targeted advertising on other sites;
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing campaigns;
- Record site analytics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
- Track your entries, submissions and communications. Certain features of our website require cookies in order to function properly.
Email Addresses and Mailing Lists
SHMedics collects and uses the email addresses and mailing addresses of its members (see Section 2. Members’ Information, below) for purposes of providing membership benefits and services to members. In addition, SHM collects email and mailing addresses in connection with registration for and attendance at conferences, webinars and other events, subscriptions for publications, the purchase of products and services, and in other circumstances. We may use your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages to you regarding SHM’s products or services. In addition, we may also use your name, mailing address, e-mail address, or other personally identifiable information (i) to send commercial or marketing messages on behalf of our affiliated organizations or on behalf of unrelated third parties, and/or (ii) in a mailing list sold to third parties for the marketing of their products and services. For example, we may share contact information you provide when you register for a conference or webinar with conference exhibitors or webinar sponsors so that they may send you commercial messages. You may opt-out of any or all of such disclosures as provided below.
Surveys (Pin code)
Our online surveys may ask respondents for contact, demographic and other personally identifiable information. The ways in which such information may be used or disclosed will be described in the survey materials. We also may use contact information from our surveys to send the user information about products and services of SHM, our affiliated organizations and/or unrelated third parties.
We may combine the information you submit when using one of our services with information (i) collected from your use of other SHM services, (ii) collected by SHM affiliated organizations, or (iii) obtained from third parties. The combined information may be used in a similar manner to any other information we collect.
Members’ Information (Doctors& Hospitals)
Some or all of the information SHM collects from you as part of registrations of certain members’ information and affiliates may be maintained in your account profile. This account profile will be visible to third parties accessing the Web Site except as set forth herein. We may make tools available for you in your account settings that will enable you to limit some of the data that will appear to third parties in your account profile.
In the unlikely event that SHM or one of its affiliated organizations is acquired, or substantially all of the assets of SHM or one of its affiliated organizations are acquired, by a third party either in a sale, bankruptcy court proceeding or otherwise it is possible that personal information of website users and customers would be one of the assets transferred. In such an event, SHM would take reasonable steps to require the third party to maintain our privacy policies and practices.
In addition, SHM may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties, but only:
(a)To contractors we use to support our business, provided they only use the personally identifiable information for SHM purposes;
(b) To respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court orders, warrants, subpoenas (whether civil or criminal) or governmental regulations.
(c) In situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person;
(d) In connection with joint ventures with third parties; or
(e) As necessary to enforce our rights in connection with the Web Site.
Please understand that no one can give an absolute assurance that information intended to be maintained as private, whether transmitted via the Internet or otherwise, cannot be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a computer. We have taken and will continue to take reasonable steps to ensure the secure and safe transmission of your personal information.
The SHMedics website is not intended for children under eighteen (18) years of age. SHM does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about any such children, and SHM does not knowingly market its products or services to any such children. If SHM becomes aware that it has inadvertently received personal information from a User under the age of eighteen (18), it will delete such personal information from its records.
IF FOR ANY REASON SHM WOULD LIKE TO USE THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE SUBMITTED FOR SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT PURPOSES OTHER THAN THOSE OUTLINED AT THE TIME YOU ORIGINALLY SUBMITTED YOUR INFORMATION, SHM WILL AFFIRMATIVELY REQUEST PERMISSION FROM YOU TO USE SUCH DATA FOR THOSE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT PURPOSES PRIOR TO USING THE DATA.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information, corrections and/or deletions of the same by using the Contact Information set forth below. We will use reasonable, good faith efforts to promptly address your concerns, subject to legal retention obligations and legitimate business needs.
When making a request, individual users are asked to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. Correcting or removing data is done free of charge to the user unless doing so requires a disproportionate effort. After deleting your information from active servers, copies may remain in our backup system.
Contact Information and Opt-Out Requests
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone @ +91 – 9963274631
By mail at: SHMEDICS, H.I.G 131, H.B Colony, Bhavaanipuram, vijaywada – 520012
We also welcome users’ requests not to receive certain forms of communication from SHM and third parties and not to have certain information shared with nonaffiliated third parties. If you prefer that we not disclose your personally identifiable information to nonaffiliated third parties, you may request us not to make those disclosures (except as required by law) by contacting us as described above. If you elect to opt out of certain disclosures, we may not be able to offer you certain services and products.
LISTSERV® Email Lists and Social Media Sites
SHM may offer opportunities to its members and others to share information and participate in social networking on SHM websites or SHM may participate in social media sites maintained by others. Please consult the Social Media Policy applicable to the particular website before participating in any social networking or content sharing activity.